Unit 10: Reflection on Development
of Wellness
·
Review your unit 3 personal assessment of your
psychological, physical, and spiritual well-being. Reflect on these areas. How
did you score yourself on a scale from 1 to 10 in unit 3? How do you score
yourself now? Has the score changed? Why or why not?
A.
Similar to the way that I rated my physical
well-being prior, I still rate myself as being a 9. As a personal trainer, I
need to make sure that I practice what I preach. I workout on an almost daily
basis, or try to keep active as much as I can. Additionally, I am very
conscious about what I put in my body. All and all, I would say that I am a
pretty healthy individual. The score has not change because, I am currently not
training for an event, which are the time that I feel like a 10.
B.
In the beginning of the course, I would
have rated spiritual well-being as being a 7. Up on till recently, I did not
focus on this aspect of my being; however, I have been doing progressively
better. I still have a lot to learn about myself, and have not reached my full
capabilities. Due to this, I currently rate myself as an 8, as I have much to
learn, but I feel as I have improved.
C.
I would rate my psychological
well-being as a 7. As I spend more incorporating relaxation and meditation
techniques into my life, I feel that I have a solid foundation. However, as
there is still much stress that I must deal with, I still face some moments of
weakness. Now I would rate myself as an 8, as I am better able to handle
situations that arise.
·
Review the goals and activities you set for yourself in each
area. Have you made progress toward the goals? Explain.
A.
A physical goal is to be more
consistent with some of my exercise routine and push myself past my current
state; in other words I would like to challenge myself. In the past few years I
have participate in races, such as Tough Mudder, the Spartan races, and others;
however, I would like to push myself and participate more frequently. I feel as
I have kept up with this goal as I have planned to enter in more competitions within
the next year.
B.
A spiritual goal of mine is to keep
pushing myself forward and continue to learn more alternative techniques that
will help me achieve greater levels of inner awareness. I have made progression
toward this goal, as I have devoted some time to read research conducted on the
different types of alternative techniques. I also feel as though I have
developed a sense of inner peace.
C.
A psychological goal would be to
learn to have more control over negative emotions, such as frustration, anger
and worrying; additionally, being able to replace these negative emotions with
positive ones. This is definitely an area that I have improves, as I am better
able to control my emotions and I am more aware of them. Also my relationships with
other have strengthen due to my ability to better communicate with others.
·
Have you implemented the activities you chose for your
well-being in each of the three areas? Explain.
A.
In order to assist my physical
well-being I would implement more cardiovascular activities into my exercise
routine. Currently, I have implemented more cardiovascular activity; however, I
feel that I have to develop more of a liking to this type of activity, rather than
just doing it because I had to.
B.
In order to enhance my spiritual
wellbeing, I would like to meditate on a more frequent base. Also, I would like
to incorporate exercise that will allow me to be more exposed to nature, such
as rock-climbing or hiking. Currently, I have been incorporating meditation,
but have not been able to talk nature walks. This is due, to the fact that I
live in an urban area where there are not a lot of trails. However, I plan to
take more day trips with my wife in order to get more exposure to nature.
C.
In order to enhance my psychological
wellbeing, I would like to do activities that will allow me to express myself.
I believe that individuals hold too much of their emotions inside, which
affects psychological wellbeing. I have incorporated this activity in life, as
I make it a point to call my family more frequently, since I am able to talk to
them about how I feel, more freely.
·
Summarize your personal experience throughout this course.
Have you developed improved well-being? What has been rewarding? What has been
difficult? How will this experience improve your ability to assist others?
I personally enjoyed the class and have experienced much
personal growth. I have learned a lot about myself and way to improve my
wellbeing. This process has been very rewarding as I feel more whole. The
process has not been difficult, as I came into this process with an open mind.
Another factor that I found rewarding is my ability to help others. I have
provided my client with the knowledge that I have gained, and have seen great
improvements. I will continue to be a positive example for others.
Hi Daniel,
ReplyDeleteYou have been very open and detailed in all of your blog posts and have a very good sense of yourself and the areas where you need improvement. Continued success in your journey.
Hi Daniel,
ReplyDeleteGreat post. You have clearly identified what areas you feel you have improved on and in what areas you have seen improvements thus far. I think that you will continue to make progress and move toward true flourishing. You have much to offer and I think that you will excel in your field. I wish you continued success on your personal and professional journey.