- Compare and contrast the Loving Kindness exercise and the Subtle mind exercise. Explain your experience including the benefits, frustrations etc.
The Loving
Kindness and the Subtle mind exercise were different, as the focus to get one
to develop deeper levels of consciousness are different. The Loving Kindness
focuses on one loves towards others, then directed to self; while Subtle mind
directs the focus on breathing in order to clam the mind. I like the Subtle
mind exercise; however, in the beginning it was a little difficult, as I am
still new to guided meditation. Since the other exercises have the guider
continuously talk to the individual, I was always anticipating directions.
Hence, I had a difficult time with the long spaces between each instruction.
However, the more that I conducted the exercise, the easier and more beneficial
it became.
- Discuss the connection of the spiritual wellness to mental and physical wellness. Explain how the connection is manifested in your personal life.
Spiritual wellness offers an individual
with the ability to have inner peace, which is essential for mental and
physical wellness. Inner peace helps to reduce stress levels that can affect
mental and physical health. Personally, gaining inner peace has helped me
address my overall health, as I am not only experiencing lower levels of stress,
but also getting sick less.
Daniel,
ReplyDeleteI found the Subtle Mind one more difficult in the beginning too. I received this video on focused meditation, as how to do it and it helped me drastically when I did the practice the second time. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0rSmxsVHPE I hope it helps you, it really helped me.
Megan
Daniel,
ReplyDeleteI find that out of all my brothers and sisters, I am the only one that really has inner peace. I am quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get upset. I am generally a happy person. This definitely helps to reduce the stress in my life. I too think that this inner peace has helped me address my overall health. :) Did you know that 85% of diseases are related to stress?
Hope you had a wonderful Labor Day weekend!
Jess
HI Daniel!
ReplyDeleteI appreciated your blog post this week! I can understand how it would be weird to meditate with someone walking you through it constantly and then popping out and then back in again, unexpectedly. For me, I never really meditated until my Stress Prevention class-right before this term. I really liked a soothing voice kind of leading me through it and reassuring me that I am still on track. Im glad that you found it ultimately helpful.
Also, I have experienced a calmness that I am sure will result in less sickness formyself as well, as my husband says:"less bad chemicals."
:)
Melisa A.